"Reynald De Chatillon" - Red wolf of kerac - 90 mm

Hello guys .

This is my last work , Reynald de Chatillon, the so called Red Wolf of Kerak, one of the nightmares of Saladin. scale 90mm

I used the torso of Romeo's last Crusader figure.

along with combinations of hands and , head from other Gianni La Rocca crusaders for Pegaso,

and i resculpted some parts of the figure , till i had the result i wanted.

Some these were stages of the scratch procedure , here is the start of the base

and the finished and painted miniature follows .....

I hope u like it , and as always any comments are welcome.

My best regards for Merry Christmas and a Healthy - Happy new Year, for all of you and your families.

Злобов Сергей (Zlobov*S)

Злой Вождь
Команда форума
Hi Costas Rodopoulos! We are glad to see you and your figures at us on a site!
Thanks for attention and participation.
The great pleasure to look at the ready (painted) figures, also to see process of author's additions is very interestingly.
Superb Costas!
Cape on a back also your manufacturing from a foil?
Yours faithfully.

Chatillion

Hi Major,

Another nicely painted figure and an exellent work with accessories and details.

FYI: Attached is a picture of Chatillion's coat of arms.

P.S. I was always wondering how the knights could effectively fight having such a heavy cape on their back. Was it common or modern sculptors do it to make miniatures look nicer.

Dear friend thanks for commenting and for attaching the coat of arms picture.
As far as iknow , through my historical books reading , the knights used to have these cloaks . Maybe they would not use them during daylight fighting under hiot sun, butthey were in their standard equipment to protect them from cold at nights, and also from dust and sand while riding . Soi guess is not wrong to recreate them with the cloaks . nevertheless the chain armor and other accessories they were carrying, like full metal helmets were much more heavier than a cloth cloak .

Сверху