"Trapper - 1830" - Step by Step Painting the Aut

Hi Guy,

IMHO the weathering effect is absent on the mini, at least the horse legs should be covered with mud, other words, to be dirty, because this gentlemen is a hunter and he cannot look like a solder at the military parade.

In any case this is very good paintng job!

My congratulations,
Fenix

LS

Мастера
Guy!
Perfectly! Has received great pleasure from step-by-step viewing! Thanks!

fenix написал(а):
Hi Guy,

IMHO the weathering effect is absent on the mini, at least the horse legs should be covered with mud, other words, to be dirty, because this gentlemen is a hunter and he cannot look like a solder at the military parade.

In any case this is very good paintng job!

My congratulations,
Fenix

Thanks for the kind words and comments. Much appreciated.

Felix ~ I have not got to that point as yet. I usually weather the horse / rider after I decide how I will display him. If I do him in snow......the snow will be up on the horse's legs as it would normally be. If I decide to mount him in a mountain scene then dust will be applied to the horse's legs. I am still awaiting on a base I have ordered and will decide then how I want the scene to unfold. I may add another Mountain Man standing or sitting....or.....add an Indian charging at the Mountain Man. I just have not decided as yet.

Guy

I had to do some re-work to the base of the Mountain Man and remove a thick coat of wax to be able to paint the end / front a gray color of granite. Now the base is back together and ready for the fastening of the horse and rider.

Mm 95.jpg

Mm 96.jpg

Mm 97.jpg

Mm 98.jpg

Now mixing up a 2 part epoxy I will attach the horse and rider with the base that came with the kit and after letting the epoxy cure I will add groundwork out to the edge of the base in front and back.

Mm 102.jpg

Mm 103.jpg

Next........the groundwork!!

All comments welcomed.......thanks

Сверху