Lakota Warrior - 1876 - 120mm resin

This is the second version of this figure I have painted. I was commissioned by a collector in Atlanta to paint it. The 1st version is in my gallery and does not have full groundwork to the edge of the base. The 1st version was done for the box art for The Lost Battalion Miniature company. The Indian flesh was painted in oils and the rest of the figure and horse was painted with Humbrol and Floquil enamels. I hope you like him.

The only thing I change in going to 120mm from 54mm is the size of my brushes. Same paint.......same technique..........different brush size.

Some painters really have a hard time going from one size figure to another but I've been doing it so long it doesn't bother me.

Hope this answers your question.

Guy

Злобов Сергей (Zlobov*S)

Злой Вождь
Команда форума
Hi Guy! It is a fine figure!
I for a long time looked at it{her} earlier.
At me question Guy - an ornament for a head, a long tape with metal round - this variant I saw plates on historical photos for cheyenne and kiowa, this variant had distribution for all territory of plain and lakota also?
Thanks, the figure and a list has very much liked.
Yours faithfully.

fandor, Sergey and Gennadiy........thanks for the kind words my friends.

Sergey ~ The long red trade cloth was decorated with Spanish "concho's" and worn by several tribes. Sometimes it was captured by an enemy and later worn by the warrior as a trophy.

Lakota warrior with Crow Indian style shield?

Вложения

• shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    36,9 КБ · Просмотры: 1.461
  • Crow shield_4.jpg
    Crow shield_4.jpg
    52,8 КБ · Просмотры: 1.476
  • Crow shield. Field Museum, Chicago.jpg
    Crow shield. Field Museum, Chicago.jpg
    122,1 КБ · Просмотры: 1.464
The Lakota shield painted on the figure is from a Sioux shield I actually have in my studio that was purchased for my collection years ago at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and is authentic.

Да можно взят щит как трофей, но на бой идут со СВОИМ щотом. Потому что там СВОЯ медицина... :p 8)

Сверху