"Dead Men Tell No Tales" - 120mm Verlinden diorama

This was a project I worked on for 2 years in between painting commission figures for collectors. It involved 4 stock figures, 120mm, from Verlinden. I have always loved the stories of Pirates and really enjoyed painting this in my spare time.

All the flesh areas were painted with tube oils. The clothing, weapons and accessories were painted with Humbrol and Floquil enamels.

The final touches were done with a dry-brush technique over the clothing and worn areas.

The groundwork was done with sculpty-Mold and afterwards painted with acrylics. It was then dry-brushed 3 to 4 times with lighter colors and tones.

One of the reasons I enjoyed this diorama was I had the opportunity to have horizontal stripes, vertical stripes as well as pokadots.......all in the same scene.

The main character is of course, "Long John Silver", with his aging hair and his crutch.

The completed scene with Engraved Brass Plaque. The 1st competition the diorama recieved the prestigious "Verlinden Award" and a bronze in the open catagory in Atlanta 2007.

I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed painting it.

All questions welcomed.

zhenyab

Администратор
Команда форума
WO-O-O-O-O-OW!!!!

Guy, it's so-o-o-o-o-o beautiful. I really like it! :eek:k:
And it took two years?!!! Unbelievable!

Great job, Guy!

Thanks for the kind words Genius. I was able to get a few hours a week while painting figures for others. I thought I would never get it done. "All good things take time" is an old saying.......guess its true.

Сверху