90mm Celtic Standard Bearer

This figure was started over 2 years ago and with everything else going on here I finally managed to finish it this morning. It is a 90mm Miniature Alliance figure converted to a standard bearer by adding the standard and staff.

All comments and critiques are welcomed.

Guy

Thanks Eugene.

If you mean the wooden bases I buy most all of my bases from Ken Thomas Art Bases in York, PA. years and years ago I used to make my own bases but found I was spending more time making bases than I was painting. When I started doing alot of commission painting I went to commercial made bases from Thomas.

Hi Eugene,

The rock that the celt is standing on is resin and came with the figure. I just worked my groundwork up to the stock base and then added the grasses and then painted it.

Below is another base I am working on for a 90mm Mongol Hunter. You can see the resin base elevated up and then I will work my plaster around it and then paint it.

I hope this answers your question.

Guy

Guy написал(а):
All comments and critiques are welcomed.

Guy

Hi Guy,

First at all take my congratulations with finishing of your great work! Two years - it is unbelievable term for me. I would have never sit so much working on same figure :)

unfortunately there is no detailed picture of the face, could you take a couple of photo bigger?

Best wishes,
Fenix

Thanks Fenix for the kind words. I'll see if I have any photos of the face.

This figure was done while I was working and finishing many others. I usually have about a dozen figures in progress at one time.

Thanks guys for the kind words and feedback.

Sheild
the celt fellow could be a standard bearer of the Veneti ( a Gallic nation which stood by the atlantic coast and fought several heavy sea battles against the Caesar army ). So the dolphin which also in that ancient age represented a sort of supernatural cleverness and strength could be a right totem for them

Close up of the face

Сверху